Minutes of The Lone Rock Village Board Meeting
Tuesday, November 15th 2016 at 7:00 P.M., immediately following the Budget Hearing
Village Office Conference Room, 314 E Forest St, Lone Rock, WI.

Trustees: Harry Pulvermacher, Steve Morgenson, Tom Whalen, Dan Quinn, Corey Ewers, Jr. Marshall. Board President, Dean Ewers presiding.

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order by Board President Dean Ewers at 7:13 PM, immediately following the 2017 Budget Hearing.

Roll Call – Roll call was taken with all board members present. Also in attendance were Esther Marshall, Marian Copus, Dan Wilson, Christa Quinn, A.J. Christenson, Tootie Pulvermacher, Mary Ann Evans, Adam Reno, Karen Kampen.

Approval of Agenda – Motion to approve the agenda by Steve Morgenson, second by Corey Ewers, all in favor, motion carried.

Approval of Minutes – Motion to approve the minutes by Steve Morgenson, second by Corey Ewers, all in favor, motion carried.

Fire Station Addition Update – Ted is not present. Adam said the addition is moving along now.

DNR Floodplain Ordinance Update – Review and Discussion – Everything is ready to submit, on time.

Richland Co. Tax Deeds on Properties (Glaser/Kast) – Update - Jr. Marshall said we can now put in a bid on it. Have a letter made up, put in an offer, send it in and see what happens. Corey motion to purchase on Kass property. Dan second. All in favor, carried.

Lawler Property Clean-up -- They have been working on it, need to make sure they stay on it. Should add the Rieder property to it, too, that needs to be cleaned up. Have Ryan deliver a letter saying get it cleaned up. Just go see them. Should probably give landowners a letter with a deadline for cleanup. Discussion on where the landowners live. Have Ryan talk to them. Lawler, Rieder, and blue apartments.

Dollar General Store Update – Drop it off the agenda for now. Everything is going well.

Mobile Home Park Address Changes – Street Signs -- Call Bob Frank back and ask him to come to our meeting to discuss the signs. Tracy has a list of streets and names. Get a copy of the street names to Adam. We will pay for the frontage street(s), but landowner needs to be responsible for the street signs on the property. Check meeting minutes from April or May, 2015. JR said he will talk to Bob Frank.

Review of Building Permits – There were no new permits to review.

Set Date & Time for Caucus -- January 17th at 7:00 P.M.

AJ Christianson – Blood Drive – Working on getting a blood drive going in Lone Rock. January 4th may be the day, from noon to 5. Has a couple of sponsors. Scheduled it on calendar. Culver’s will sponsor. This is through the Blood Center, so the blood stays local.

Parks – Steve Morgenson said we need Parks equipment, not enough money for it this year. Want to put up a nice slide first, then add additional equipment as funds permit.

Community Hall - Review of Contract – Discussion on rental price and costs involved to maintain the floor. Want to keep it affordable for people to rent it, but have to be able to cover costs, too. Everyone do some research and discuss it again next month. Dan said if we raise it $25 and we lose even one paying customer, it’s not worth it. Motion by Harry Pulvermacher, second Steve Morgenson to keep the rental the same. All in favor, motion carried.

Police – Harry Pulvermacher noted a number of vehicles sitting abandoned with no plates. At least some of them are actually hanging out in the right-of-way. We need to have the Ordinances enforced and get it cleaned up. These need to be contacted and removed. Adam said he did make a list of them for Ryan to contact.

Streets – Hwy. 130 meeting discussion. The bridges are going to stay as they are. If they replace them without moving them somewhere else, the road will be closed for two years while the work is being done. There will be a meeting at the school on Thursday, Nov. 17th, at 5:00 P.M. Everyone should attend, and everyone should contact DOT to get them to replace the bridges.

Library – Tootie – 16 toddlers came for the story hour. A lot of them were from out of town, which is fine, and they enjoyed coming into Lone Rock for the Story Hour. The Library programs are going very well. Dec. 1st Thursday, at 2:00 PM, RC Hospital is doing a presentation on diabetes at the Library.

Water and Sewer - Dan said he ordered a new pump to replace the one that was cracked. A manhole at Chestnut and Union Streets is sunken down and will have to be repaired. We don’t want to have to deal with it in January. Dan wanted Richland Center to bring their camera and put it down there so we could find out if it’s a pipe or the manhole. The person from Richland Center thinks it’s a manhole problem. Dean said they must not have put the floor in it right. MSA would need to be contacted.

Review Bills—The bills were distributed for review and approval.

Set Date of Next Meeting – Tuesday, December 13, 2016 is the date of the next meeting.

Public Input – Tootie said the Veteran’s Memorial Committee received another donation of $500 yesterday, and asked if it is possible to put up a goal thermometer or something to show the progress of the funding. The Trustees agreed it is a good idea.

Adjourn – Meeting adjourned at 8 P.M.

Respectfully submitted,

Karen J. Kampen, Clerk