VILLAGE OF LONE ROCK

LONE ROCK, WISCONSIN

OFFICE OF CLERK

Minutes of The Lone Rock Village Board Meeting
Tuesday, September 13th 2016 at 7:00 P.M.
Village Office Conference Room, 314 E Forest St, Lone Rock, WI.

Trustees: Harry Pulvermacher, Steve Morgensen, Tom Whalen, Dan Quinn, Corey Ewers, Jr. Marshall. Board President, Dean Ewers presiding.

Call to Order – The meeting was called to order by Board President Dean Ewers at 7:00 PM.

Roll Call – Roll call was taken with all board members present. Also in attendance were Adam Reno, Esther Marshall, Marian Copus, Christa Quinn, Pat Alt, Ted Greenheck, Ray and Alice Hatfield, Shirley Greenheck, Steven King, A.J. Christenson, Karen Kampen.

Approval of Agenda – Motion to approve the agenda by Morgensen, second by Pulvermacher, carried.

Approval of Minutes – Motion to approve the August minutes by Corey Ewers, Jr. Marshall second, carried.

Fire Station Addition Update – Ted Greenheck - Distributed the drawings, discussion on the firewall and details of the drawings. Bid date - Next meeting. Use 200k for loan information. Bid opening at 4:00 PM day of board meeting. Ted will prepare the bid ads, get the paperwork to the clerk. HVAC will be responsible for their own state approval. Dan Quinn had a question regarding the water flow, discussion followed. Site restoration, can be done by the Village.

Garage Extension at Corner of Elm and Commercial – Steve King – On a dead-end street, needs 26’ to accommodate his plan. Needs 5’ variance to the dead-end road setback. Board recommends he talk to Pete Giese. Discussion followed regarding talking with Terry Alt, Zoning Board of Appeals. Dan said it will need Pete, then Zoning, then Village approval.

Fence Building Permit and Survey Map of The North ½ of Lots 3 and 4 of Block 27, located in Section 12, T 8 N, R 2 E, Village of Lone Rock, Richland County, WI – Carrie Bell, 145 N. Orange St., Nick Jennings, Surveyor – Discussion on it, Motion by Pulvermacher, second by Quinn to approve the Building Permit. Carried by unanimous vote.

Lone Rock Municipal Judge A. J. Christianson – Mission – He has been working with some mentor judges and a municipal attorney, District 7 Chief Judge, to get ideas of how to set up a norm for the office operation and to get a budget set up. Instead of being paid once a year, would like to be paid monthly. Will put together a spreadsheet of the expenses each month. Dean said there is a budgeted amount, as long as he stays in the budget. A.J. said it will be close, because there are some seminars he would like to attend to learn how to get it all organized. Question to Esther about the court clerk’s office being full of boxes of files. Esther said we need to get the room cleaned out to make room for the court’s files. Corey asked how many court cases we have a year. A.J. replied that a lot of the cases either get thrown out or dismissed without even making it to court. Discussion followed.

DNR Floodplain Ordinance Update – Review and Discussion – Clerk Kampen reported that she has questions on the correct map numbers to use in the draft Ordinance, and has had trouble contacting the DNR person, as they seem to be in the office only on Fridays. Jr. Marshall said to contact Mike Bindl in the Richland County office. He may be able to help. She hopes to get it all done in October.

Richland Co. Tax Deeds on Properties (Glaser/Kast) – Update Jr. Marshall reported that the Glaser property was sold for $2000. He had to cancel the Building & Property meeting due to flooding issues. Will get it on next month’s agenda, and see if we can work something out.

Dollar General Store Update – They are going to come stake the building tomorrow. The trees are all gone. The address will be HWY 14.

Review of WISLR Local Road Certification Maps and Documents – These were turned over to Corey Ewers and Adam Reno.

Review of Building Permits – No new ones this month.

Parks – Adam Reno reported that the tennis court is gone, and we have a new basketball court. WISCO needs a big thank you for redoing the court. Discussion on playgrounds. Fireman’s Park playground needs a lot of work. The slide is in really bad shape.

Community Hall - Review of Contract – Clerk will send contract out to board members, to be discussed in October’s meeting.

Police – No report.

Streets -- They have been doing tree-trimming. We are going to need to rent a lift.

Library – Floors got polished. Librarian needs to shut down the WI-Fi when she leaves.

Water and Sewer - Dan is on vacation.

A.J. asked what it would take to bring the community together, maybe organize carnival rides in the park? Adam Reno said you have to get your own insurance. Pulvermacher said it is hard to get someone to come in with rides. Dean said check to make sure there is enough room in the park. Jr. Marshall said make sure the date doesn’t conflict with something else.

Review Bills – The bills were reviewed and approved for payment.

Set Date of Next Meeting – October 20th at 7:00 PM the Board will meet to establish the 2016-17 Budget. The hearing will be in early November. The next regular board meeting will be Tuesday. October 11, 2016.

Public Input – Residents in attendance want to know if anything has been done on the Ordinance on bullying and vandalism. Tom Whalen says he thinks there was an Ordinance from years and years ago. Pulvermacher said we had a committee together. Board voted to hire a company to put all of our Ordinances together three years ago. Public discussion on getting the Ordinances in order. Esther is taking care of that We do have a vandalism Ordinance. If anyone has a problem with vandalism or break-ins, they are to call the Richland County Sheriff’s Department. They will dispatch an officer if Ryan Price is not on duty. Steve Morgensen said it has to be documented. According to the (Dec. 15, 2015 Home News article,) – vandalism was documented then and expressed concern that it continues to happen. We have to get a handle on the vandalism that is being done in the Village. Whalen said it sounds like we need to have a discussion. Maybe we need to have more hours for the police officer. Pulvermacher said there need to be cameras up and running to catch the vandals, so they can be caught.

Meeting adjourned at 8:05 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Karen J. Kampen, Clerk